Friday, July 18, 2008

Art yarns

Listening to Lime & Violet's episode 62 and laughing outloud as usual I was very much impressed by the homespun goodness they talked about from StudioLoo. I never thought about the fact that you could spin things into your yarn although I have read descriptions of how to knit in beads to projects. I thought I would profile some of this delightful art yarn and I am now wondering if there is a name for yarn that has decoration added to it.

If I was to buy some of this arty handspun I would probably cut it in half and use it for each end of a scarf. Or perhaps you could match similar shapes of art yarn to create a very special scarf. Granted this yarn is expensive but when you think that it is hand carded, handspun, artfullly dyed, quality ingredients and loveling cared for its a bargain.

2 comments:

Ange said...

ohh.. they would be so good to use in hijabs.. as decorations.. i love the ones with the pearls

Snowberry and Lime said...

I am so glad you like my yarns! Thanks a lot for sharing it here. :)

The idea of using art yarns as a fringe is very nice, I am sure they would all look great in this job!

Best wishes,
Veronika